Salary: Highly competitive
Location: South Devon
A bit about Riverford
Riverford grows organic vegetables – lots of them – and sells veg boxes online, delivering direct to around 100,000 customers throughout England and Wales.
Riverford is a commercially successful business that has stuck to strong ethical principles enabling it to grow to a turnover in excess of £56 million and employ over 600 employees. This year the founder, Guy Watson, will move the business into employee ownership whilst retaining a minority share.
We are true veg nerds and have been growing vegetables organically since 1986 and have a national reputation as an innovative, iconoclastic and ethical brand. We work through a network of franchisees and our own team of drivers. Alongside the veg boxes, customers can get delivery of a range of foods that include: meat, dairy, fruit, recipe boxes and farm shop products.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a commercially focused FD to join the main board in an important strategic capacity, although there will still be plenty of operational work to do. This exciting role is broader than just finance as you will be part of a key team taking the business forward in an exciting period of change and development. You will need to display a real desire and curiosity to get under the bonnet of the business and challenge in the important areas.
- Be part of all key strategic discussions and decisions in the business
- Lead in the generation of financial data and rationale to support business decision making processes
- Lead the production of annual business plans and support the MD in producing longer term plans
- Supporting the MD and Board in identifying and analysing commercial opportunities for development, expansion or acquisition
- Manage and mentor the Finance Team
- Review actual, forecast and budgeted results
- Improve financial performance
- Lead and develop the team in delivering weekly and monthly reports and management accounts
- Responsibility for managing customer debt
- Ensure that all statutory information is compiled and produced in line with regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance in the Group’s tax affairs
- Active involvement in project steering groups
- Manage and take responsibility for working capital and cash flow requirements
- Take ownership of the group’s banking arrangements & foreign currency purchases & strategy
- Negotiations with potential major suppliers
Are you the person to help lead us!
- You will have recent experience of working in a fast-paced, medium to large sized business in a senior capacity
- Drive passion and enthusiasm
- Previous experience in a customer facing business, ideally with significant e-commerce channels
- Proven track record of delivering critical projects
- The ability to rotate between a strategic role and the willingness to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in from time to time
- Ideally previous experience in a multi-site environment
- Possess good leadership qualities that will be effective within in your own team, your peer groups and the wider staff and franchisee network
- Strong analysis and modelling skills to ensure that financial impacts are certain
- An appetite for change will be essential, delivering any requirements to a high standard, a high level of commitment and a conscientious attitude
*Lloyd Barnes Accountancy Recruitment is our retained consultant. We do not wish to receive enquiries or CV’s from any agencies and all information will be forwarded directly to Lloyd Barnes Accountancy upon receipt.